Half Day Alotau land Tours
Tour Duration: 4hours
Meeting Location: Pick up and drop off outside the port Gate
Welcome to Alotau! Join us for an experience once in a life time Explore Alotau and its secrets in our Half Day sightseeing tour
1. Guaranteed. You will not miss your cruise ship, as we get back in plenty of time..
This is an adventure tour that takes you step by step to places in Milne Bay that will fascinate the young as well as the oldies amongst us. We take you to the real raw PNG. And we look after those who have difficulty walking. It is suitable for those who are in their later years.
4. First off. Its a quick run around to show you the town of Alotau.
We pass by Sanderson's Bay with dozens of fishing boats, people everywhere.
5. Transit Hotel. This is not your normal hotel. It consists of 16 sections divided off by wire mesh. This way the visiting natives can have a place to sleep on the concrete floor without disturbance from the other tribes.
6. The World War 2 Memorial and Craft Market with locally made items.
7. Then a drive through the shopping centre, the fresh food markets with the hustle and bustle of sellers and buyers. Be amazed at the amount of betal nut being sold.
8. After that we head out of town, the forest closes in on us. Our guide points out places of interest. We pass the Gamma river where a fierce battle took place in 1942, local bush huts appear, plantations of tall coconut trees and Oil Palm plantations.
9. The site of number 3 Turnbull Airstrip which has returned to the wild. It was at this spot that the Japanese Imperial Forces were defeated for the first time on land in WW2 by the Australian and US forces.
10. Then a School visit. Meet the children at their school in the bush. Step back 60 years in time, no electricity, no computers or iPads, no fans, no running water to drink, very little stationary or books. See how well behaved and polite these kids are.
Very primitive conditions. Perhaps you can bring something for the children.
Not Available on weekends.
Finally after all the fun its time to say our goodbyes and return to your ship.