Half Day Alotau land Tours
Tour Duration: 4hours
Meeting Location: Pick up and drop off outside the port Gate
Welcome to Alotau! Join us for an experience once in a life time Explore Alotau and its secrets in our Half Day sightseeing tour
1. Guaranteed. You will not miss your cruise ship, as we get back in plenty of time..
This is an adventure tour that takes you step by step to places in Milne Bay that will fascinate the young as well as the oldies amongst us. We take you to the real raw PNG. And we look after those who have difficulty walking. It is suitable for those who are in their later years.
4. First off. Its a quick run around to show you the town of Alotau.
We pass by Sanderson's Bay with dozens of fishing boats, people everywhere.
5. Transit Hotel. This is not your normal hotel. It consists of 16 sections divided off by wire mesh. This way the visiting natives can have a place to sleep on the concrete floor without disturbance from the other tribes.
6. The World War 2 Memorial and Craft Market with locally made items.
7. Then a drive through the shopping centre, the fresh food markets with the hustle and bustle of sellers and buyers. Be amazed at the amount of betal nut being sold.
8. After that we head out of town, the forest closes in on us. Our guide points out places of interest. We pass the Gamma river where a fierce battle took place in 1942, local bush huts appear, plantations of tall coconut trees and Oil Palm plantations.
9. The site of number 3 Turnbull Airstrip which has returned to the wild. It was at this spot that the Japanese Imperial Forces were defeated for the first time on land in WW2 by the Australian and US forces.
10. Then a School visit. Meet the children at their school in the bush. Step back 60 years in time, no electricity, no computers or iPads, no fans, no running water to drink, very little stationary or books. See how well behaved and polite these kids are.
Very primitive conditions. Perhaps you can bring something for the children.
Not Available on weekends.
Finally after all the fun its time to say our goodbyes and return to your ship.
Full Day Alotau Premium Land Tour
AUD$195.00 P/p 10% discount for seniors
FULL DAY ALOTAU PREMIUM LAND TOUR
EXPERIENCE THE CULTURE, THE HISTORY, THE JOYS, THE SORROWS, THE BEAUTY OF PNG.
This is an adventure tour that takes you to places that will fascinate the young as well as the oldies amongst us. We take you to the real Raw PNG
You will visit sites that no other tourist operator goes to.
* First of its a quick run around to show you the town of Alotau. We pass by Sandersons bay with dozens of fishing boats, people everywhere.
* WW11 War Memorial and craft Market
*Visit the fresh food market with the hustle and bustle of sellers and buyers.
* Scenic view of Milne Bay
* Informative commentary about life and culture here in Alotau and the "Battle of Milne Bay"
* Visit of Alotaus Transit Hotel
* The site of Number 3 Turnbull Airstrip which has returned to the wild. It was at this spot that the Japanese Imperial forces were defeated for the first time on land in WW2 By the Australian and US Forces.
* Step Back in time as we visit a nearby shoool
* Tour of Ailapu Village.
* Traditional costumes and dance.
Tour Includes Lunch at the village.
All Day coral reef and ww11 ship wreck Snorkel tour
Enjoy a unique Full Day Snorkelling and Experience the beauty of the underwater world. Swim and Snorkel on the Coral reef and WW11 300ft Ship Wreck covered with hundreds of clam shells, corals and fish.
- WW11 Ship Wreck
- Coral Island reef snorkelling
- Fishing included
- All Snorkel gear included
Lunch at the Coral Island and a visit to a nearby Village before heading back to your ship.
What to Bring
- Water bottle, Towel, Sunglasses, hat, Sunscreen.
Pick up 8:30am outside the port Gate and drop off at your ship.